When someone goes out of their way to do something nice for you, there are many easy ways you can express your gratitude. Here are a handful of creative ways to say “Thanks!”
1. Invite to Lunch. Treat your friend and treat yourself by taking them out to lunch! You can go to their favorite restaurant or pick a place you think they’ll like. If you don’t know this person too well, sharing a meal is a great opportunity to learn more about them.
2. Pay a Compliment. No one can resist a compliment. Oftentimes, a kind and thoughtful word goes a long way. Compliment your friend’s abilities and let them know how much you appreciate what they did for you.
3. Do a Favor. Returning the favor is a great way to show someone you care. What can you do for them that would be difficult for them to do for themselves? If you’re handy, you might perform a repair job for them. If you’re skilled at computers, you might offer to help them with a couple tasks. There’s no end to the ways you can pay it back.
4. Give a Gift. Flowers, candy, and treats are always welcome! Surprise your friend with a little something you know they will like. They’ll love the surprise and appreciate the thought.
5. Send an eCard. Sending an eCard with a personal message is the perfect way to thank someone for their good deed. It’s an instantaneous way to express your gratitude, and it’s something you friend can look at again and again. We have Thank You eCards for every occasion and relationship. Below are a few samples:
Diwali, also known as the “festival of lights,” is an ancient Hindu festival celebrated every fall. The festival signifies the victory of light over darkness, knowledge over ignorance, good over evil, and hope over despair. Festival preparations and rituals typically extend over a five day period, but the main festival night of Diwali coincides with the darkest new moon night of the year. This year, Diwali occurs on Thursday, October 23.
Before Diwali, Hindus clean and decorate their homes. On Diwali night, they dress up in their best outfits, light up diyas (lamps and candles) inside and outside their homes, and participate in family puja (prayers) typically to Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth and prosperity. Fireworks follow, then a family feast including mithai (sweets), and an exchange of gifts between family members and close friends.
Diwali is an official holiday in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Mauritius, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, Suriname, Malaysia, Singapore, and Fiji.
We have Diwali eCards that you can send to your Hindu friends to celebrate this important festival. May Diwali be a season of beauty glowing with gladness, warming your heart, and shining with the light of love.
We spend a lot of time working, and after a while, your office mates become like family. Office life is full of occasions to send an ecard. Here are five occasions when it would be appropriate to send workplace ecards to your coworkers.
Congratulate your coworkers on a project completed, a client satisfied, or a job well done!
Getting promoted is great! Compound the greatness by pairing the promotion with a personalized eCard!
Thank those who keep the office running smoothly with their hard work and dedication this Administrative Professional’s Day.
Show your boss that you care with these winning ecards.
Say congratulations for a “career” well done with a heartfelt Hallmark eCard.
It takes all kinds of friends to make the world go round, and that’s certainly true when you’re looking for funny ecards. Not all people find the same things funny, so our humorous ecards cover a large spectrum. Here are characteristics of seven different friend types and examples of funny ecards that are perfect for each type.
1. The Sarcastic Friend: For this person, everything is horrible, people are awful and selfish, and life would be unbearable if it wasn’t so darn funny. These are the Oscar the Grouches, the people for whom each cloud has a darker lining.
2. The Whimsical Friend: This friend loves the quaint and the fanciful. Miniatures and small animals are always appreciated!
3. The Quirky Friend: These are the oddballs in your life, the friends who appreciate the peculiar or unexpected.
4. The Punny Friend: This friend is a linguistic juggler and can brighten any line with a fun pun.
5. The Gross-out Friend: This friend is all about bawdy body humor. Burping, farting, and armpits galore–their inner kid is alive and well. And he’s a sicko.
6. The Goofy Friend: Like a cartoon, this friend is all about foolish or eccentric slapstick humor. So fire away!
7. The Witty Friend: This friend has a smart and sophisticated type of humor. Sometimes subtle, but always fresh!
We’re all familiar with the major holidays, but there are many other holidays throughout the year that you may not know about. Between Christmas, Hanukkah, Valentine’s Day, and Mother’s Day are a bunch of appreciation days, celebration days, and other minor holidays. Luckily, we’ve got you covered with specialized Holiday eCards. These lesser-known, “weird holidays” provide additional opportunities to show others our love, appreciation, and care.
1. National Boss Day – October 16
On October 16, celebrate the jefes, the head honchos: our leaders, supervisors, and managers. Bosses love getting eCards. It’s a fact. We looked it up.
2. Sweetest Day – October 18
On October 18, send an eCard to let someone know how sweet they are! Candy works too.
3. National Nurses Week – May 12
Beginning on May 12, show your appreciation for the dedication and effort of those who nurse us back to health. Send warm Hallmark wishes to your Nurse friends.
4. Miss You Day – July 17
On July 17, let your special someone know how much you miss them. What better way to cross the distance than to send a greeting that shows them just how much you care.
Birthday eCards aren’t a one-size-fits-all scenario. That’s why we have tons of different categories of birthday eCards for all the unique people and situations in your life. Here’s a breakdown of the various categories of birthday eCards and some examples:
2. Sincere Birthday eCards
3. eCards for Specific Family Members
4. Belated Birthday eCards
5. Age-Specific Milestone Birthday eCards
6. Religious Birthday eCards
And did you know that you can share eCards on Facebook? When Addressing and Sending your eCard, simply click the “Post to Facebook” button. Now you can bring a smile to their face with the perfect birthday eCard and share the greeting with their friends as well!
“Simple is Good.”
-Jim Henson, It’s Not Easy Being Green: And Other Things to Consider
You may have noticed a few (BIG) changes at Hallmark eCards. We have completely redesigned the Browse, Search and Discover process for our service. This includes our user experience, style and design. Furthermore, the taxonomy of how we organize eCards and the algorithms that find and surface content have been seriously upgraded, too. Please keep reading to get a sense of what we changed, why we changed it, and how it works.
Hey, that’s not my grandpa!
If you haven’t been following the tumblr account for Grampa and Grand Master Flash then you’ve been missing out on plenty of accidentally adorable grandparents.
Apparently, grandparents are accidentally tagging Hip Hop forefather Grand Master Flash in their Facebook posts with surprising frequency, (enough to justify a tumblr account, anyway) and the posts and subsequent commenting are priceless. Check out a few…
We hope these posts remind you of how awesome grandparents are.
When you’re looking for romantic eCards for Anniversary, let us help. Our Romantic Anniversary eCards will sweep your loved one off his or her feet. I’ve selected 7 Anniversary eCards that say “I love you” in unique and memorable ways. Most of these cards are suitable for recipients of either sex and will work for relationship or marriage anniversaries.
6. Crazy Fish
The storks have landed! When everyone you know seems to be having babies, you can send your congratulations with these adorable new baby eCards. These ecards will have parents laughing and cooing even though they might be a little sleep deprived! We have cute eCards for new baby boys and new baby girls. Here are five of my faves:
Congratulations on your new reason to rock, roll and party every single day.
2. Baby Chase
Let the chase begin! Congratulations on your new baby!
A baby gives today’s plan: clean diapers, hide and seek and no spinach!
Baby Minnie will make any new parent smile.
Congratulations on your bouncing baby boy!