This year, Hanukkah begins on the evening of Tuesday, December 16 and ends on the evening of Wednesday, December 24. Hanukkah is observed for eight days and nights, starting on the 25th day of Kislev (the third month of the civil year and the ninth month of the ecclesiastical year) according to the Hebrew calendar, which may occur at any time from late November to late December in the Gregorian calendar. In my experience, the best time to send Hanukkah cards or gifts to Jewish friends is on the first or last day of Hanukkah. We have a diverse selection of Hanukkah ecards. Here are three:
Happy Thanksgiving! In the spirit of giving thanks, here are 5 popular Thanksgiving eCards that your friends and family members will love. Send out these funny and sincere eCards to let them know why you appreciate them.
1. Turkey Day
Thanksgiving: the one time of year when giving someone “the bird” is a good thing. A funny reminder about dinner table etiquette.
This Thanksgiving, do whatever bloats your float. A funny eCard about a pet’s indulgence.
A good card for those returning home or missing home. A warm Thanksgiving wish for thankfulness and love.
4. Turkey Sauna
A funny card that imagines Thanksgiving from a turkey’s point of view. Turkeys can be so gullible!
5. Hand Turkey
This card brings back warm memories from childhood. So many simple reasons for thanks. Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving is less than a week away, and in the days before you gather around the dining table with family and friends, it’s helpful to reflect on the good things in your life that you’re grateful for and how you can express your gratitude more consistently. We’ve come up with four techniques for experiencing and expressing thankfulness in everyday life.
1. Meditate on the things you’re thankful for. At the beginning, middle, or end of each day, spend five minutes sitting still with your eyes closed, breathing steadily in and out. Review your day, paying special attention to things or people that made you smile or laugh, supported or encouraged you, or made your day. Spend time considering and appreciating each good thing you remember.
2. Keep a journal of things you’re thankful for. From now until Thanksgiving, keep a running list of all the things and people you are grateful for. Record everything, big or small. At the end of the day, review your list and consider writing about a few of the items on your list in greater detail.
3. Send eCards to people you’re thinking about and people you’re thankful for. When people from your past cross your mind, Thinking of you eCards provide a great opportunity to reconnect and show these people that you care about them. Similarly, Thank you eCards are a fun and easy way to show your appreciation. Here are two sample eCards–we have many, many more!
4. Thank or compliment people in your life for the things they do that usually go unnoticed. Many times, people’s good deeds and efforts go unnoticed or unappreciated. By thanking or complimenting coworkers, neighbors, or even strangers, you acknowledge people and spread good will.
Welcome to Hallmark eCards! We have thousands of eCards for all imaginable holidays and special occasions. Funny, strange, spooky, silly, sincere–you can find any type of card for any type of person right here. For those of you who are new to the site, here’s a beginner’s guide for Sending an eCard:
1. Navigating Hallmark eCards
There are three main ways to find the cards you’re looking for. Depending on the time of year, the most relevant holidays and occasions are listed in circles at the top of the homepage for easy access. In November, for example, you’ll find Veteran’s Day, birthday, anniversary, thank you, and Thanksgiving. Veteran’s Day is featured on the main banner.
The second way to find eCards is to use the browsing tabs in the navigation bar at the very top of the page. The tabs are birthday (our most popular, year-round category), holidays (Christmas, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, etc.), occasions (anniversary, birthday, congratulations), and collections (Disney, Garfield, Glee, Hoops&yoyo, Star Wars, etc.). Roll over each tab to view the entire list and make your selection.
The third way to find eCards is to search for them. Type a keyword in the search bar at the bottom of the home page. Beneath the search bar, you will also find a complete list of occasions, holidays, collections, and tones.
2. Selecting the right eCard
Once you’ve selected a category, browse through the pictures and titles to find an eCard that looks appropriate for the occasion and for your recipient. If you click an image, you can watch the eCard in its entirety. As you can see, there are a wide variety cards with different tones. Here are two very different birthday eCards, for example.
3. Personalizing your eCard
Once you’ve found a card you like, click the “Personalize” button at the bottom of the preview window to add a personal message. You can also adjust the font size or change the text or background color of the eCard.
4. Sending your eCard
Finally, address your eCard by entering your first and last name in the From section and your recipient’s email address in the To section. You can send an eCard to up to 50 email addresses (we also offer an address book where you can save and store your contacts), and you can choose to send the card now or schedule it for later. You can also post the eCard on Facebook instead of sending it to an email account. It’s even possible to add a gift card to your eCard for a nominal fee.
Veterans Day is November 11, and we have a ton of bright and meaningful Veterans Day eCards that you can send to the people in your life who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces. Our veterans have served and sacrificed to protect the freedoms that we enjoy every day. Here is a list of 5 Veterans Day cards that you can send to show your appreciation.
They’re from every imaginable walk of life… they are veterans.
Give thanks to the brave men and women in uniform this Veterans Day.
3. Welcome Home
Honor and welcome home the courageous and men and women who nobly serve our country.
Spirit, promise, hope. Once a soldier, always a hero.
Nothing says “patriotism” like the red, white and YOU!
It’s the season for sneezin’, so I’ve compiled a list of the 8 most popular Get well eCards for your viewing and sending pleasure. You can send these eCards to friends and loved ones who have come down with colds or other minor illnesses, or to those who are on the mend and could use a laugh. A few of these cards, like Lady Luck, would also work for those who are feeling down on their luck. The great thing about sending eCards is that they’ll be waiting in your recipient’s inbox until they feel well enough to read them. For more serious illnesses, you might consider visiting in person or sending a gift like food or flowers.
1. Bee Well!
2. Better Yet?
5. Lady Luck
6. Caught a Bug
An adorable little ghost goes trick-or-treating.
He may be dead, but he ain’t dead! Wink!
This Halloween, two Pumpkins square off to see who’s got the scariest face in the neighborhood!
4. Scary Skies
It doesn’t get more Halloween-y than thunderstorms and bats!
Moonlit nights and ghostly sights set the mood for this Spooky Halloween card.
When someone goes out of their way to do something nice for you, there are many easy ways you can express your gratitude. Here are a handful of creative ways to say “Thanks!”
1. Invite to Lunch. Treat your friend and treat yourself by taking them out to lunch! You can go to their favorite restaurant or pick a place you think they’ll like. If you don’t know this person too well, sharing a meal is a great opportunity to learn more about them.
2. Pay a Compliment. No one can resist a compliment. Oftentimes, a kind and thoughtful word goes a long way. Compliment your friend’s abilities and let them know how much you appreciate what they did for you.
3. Do a Favor. Returning the favor is a great way to show someone you care. What can you do for them that would be difficult for them to do for themselves? If you’re handy, you might perform a repair job for them. If you’re skilled at computers, you might offer to help them with a couple tasks. There’s no end to the ways you can pay it back.
4. Give a Gift. Flowers, candy, and treats are always welcome! Surprise your friend with a little something you know they will like. They’ll love the surprise and appreciate the thought.
5. Send an eCard. Sending an eCard with a personal message is the perfect way to thank someone for their good deed. It’s an instantaneous way to express your gratitude, and it’s something you friend can look at again and again. We have Thank You eCards for every occasion and relationship. Below are a few samples:
Diwali, also known as the “festival of lights,” is an ancient Hindu festival celebrated every fall. The festival signifies the victory of light over darkness, knowledge over ignorance, good over evil, and hope over despair. Festival preparations and rituals typically extend over a five day period, but the main festival night of Diwali coincides with the darkest new moon night of the year. This year, Diwali occurs on Thursday, October 23.
Before Diwali, Hindus clean and decorate their homes. On Diwali night, they dress up in their best outfits, light up diyas (lamps and candles) inside and outside their homes, and participate in family puja (prayers) typically to Lakshmi, the goddess of wealth and prosperity. Fireworks follow, then a family feast including mithai (sweets), and an exchange of gifts between family members and close friends.
Diwali is an official holiday in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Mauritius, Guyana, Trinidad and Tobago, Suriname, Malaysia, Singapore, and Fiji.
We have Diwali eCards that you can send to your Hindu friends to celebrate this important festival. May Diwali be a season of beauty glowing with gladness, warming your heart, and shining with the light of love.
We spend a lot of time working, and after a while, your office mates become like family. Office life is full of occasions to send an ecard. Here are five occasions when it would be appropriate to send workplace ecards to your coworkers.
Congratulate your coworkers on a project completed, a client satisfied, or a job well done!
Getting promoted is great! Compound the greatness by pairing the promotion with a personalized eCard!
Thank those who keep the office running smoothly with their hard work and dedication this Administrative Professional’s Day.
Show your boss that you care with these winning ecards.
Say congratulations for a “career” well done with a heartfelt Hallmark eCard.